- BPhil – Profesional Studies (MSI).
- CPI-Instructor (Crisis Prevention Institute).
- Certificate in teaching Post 16 City and Guilds 7307.
- Continuing professional development (Special Needs) C&G 7401.
- British Sign Language 1&2 CACDP.
- Deaf/Blind awareness trainer CACDP.
- Internal verifier OCN.
- Mobility and Orientation (Advanced Level) OCN.
- Is a member of the Peterborough Learning Disability Partnership Board.
- Is a member of the Health Sub group.
- Level 3- Management.
- Level 2- Medicine management.
- Level 2- Equality and Diversity.
With over 30 years experience Suzanne Gilby has worked alongside people with mild to severe learning disabilities, dual sensory impairments, PMLD, Autism, Down Syndrome and various medical issues including epilepsy and other syndromes/disorders.
Suzanne spent 11 years working as an Education Manager which had involved her training and supporting both staff and learners in the largest Educational Day Service in the UK.
Part of her role was to deliver training on staff induction, covering deafblind awareness, communication, mobility and orientation.
Other duties included:-
- Carrying out initial/education assessments prior to people accessing the service.
- Training and mentoring staff to carry out functional vision/hearing assessments.
- Moderating OCN courses for both learners and staff.
- Writing/developing the curriculum.
- Chairing annual and bi-annual reviews.
- Mentoring new and existing managers.
- Liaising with other professionals in the field.
As a hands on manager Suzanne feels that to deliver a high quality provision it is imperative that individuals accessing the service along with staff, feel confident in the leadership and management.
in 2019 Suzanne was awarded a Civic Award by the Mayor of Peterborough, recognising her long service commitment to adults with learning disabilities in the city.